Unless you've been living in a cave, you've probably heard claims about how CBD may heal your body and treat a plethora of ailments. And because it's become incredibly popular, many people are looking for ways to ingest it in food, rather than just dosing the raw oil, which is often unpleasant. While there are plenty of CBD-infused food products on the market, sometimes you just can't beat a homemade meal. Here are the 3 easiest CBD recipes I found and tested.
10 Minute Guacamole
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled, halved, and seeded
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 mL of CBD Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- Place the avocados in a bowl and mash them with a fork or pestle.
- Add the salt, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, and lime juice. Top the mixture with your full-spectrum CBD oil and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the guacamole sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving to allow the ingredients to meld.
This recipe was quick and easy, although waiting for 2 hours to taste the results was a drag, it was delicious and the bold flavors well masked the taste of the CBD oil. I added more cumin and cayenne because I like it spicy, but I appreciate that guacamole is easily adjusted according to your liking. So grab some tortilla chips and dig in!
Parmesan Crusted Mashed Potatoes
- 8 cups of pre-made mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 0.16g CBD isolate powder
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, combine the mashed potatoes with butter, whipping cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and CBD isolate.
- Whip all the ingredients until pureed.
- Transfer the potato puree to a medium casserole dish, spraying it with non-stick spray beforehand.
- Top the mashed potatoes evenly with parmesan cheese and bake at 400F until lightly browned on top.
- Allow the potatoes to cool off a bit before serving.
I'm a sucker for mashed potatoes; truffle, garlic, cheesy, I like them all, so this seemed like an excellent recipe to try out. Since the recipe calls for pre-made mashed potatoes, I bought some at the grocery store to save myself an extra step. It only took about 15 minutes to put the ingredients in the oven, but another 30 minutes until they were appropriately browned. Overall, they were very creamy, delicious, and worth the extra time. Serve as a side dish to your favorite meat or meat alternative. Or you can serve it with asparagus or broccoli and go vegetarian like me.
Not Your Momma's Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 oz CBD oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, CBD oil, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I have a soft spot for oatmeal cookies, delicious, not too sweet, and oh so satisfying. I added a 1/2 cup of raisins to this recipe to add a sweet, fruity flavor. It was simple enough to make, and from the time I started until I was able to enjoy one of these CBD infused cookies was just about 90 minutes. Grab a glass of your favorite milk and indulge.
Overall I enjoyed the process of trying different recipes to get my CBD dose. They were all delicious and relatively simple to make. So whether you're looking for sweet, savory, or a simple snack, these online CBD recipes were the perfect addition to my CBD routine. Let us know what CBD recipes you've enjoyed!